"Where Ponte Vedra Learns To Dance"
Request More Information
Allan Alday, Owner & Dance Specialist
Born in the Philippines, Allan moved to Jacksonville in 1982. He pursued a degree in Business Management at the University of North Florida. He started his professional dancing career in 1991 as a dance instructor with KDC Studios and later became the manager of its Jacksonville Beach location. He later became a franchise owner in 2001 and soon after, changed its name to Dance Alday Ballroom & Latin Studio.
He competed professionally with three different dance partners and have won Pro Rising Star in American Rhythm. Allan currently competes throughout the United States with his students in the Pro-Am division in all four styles, American Smooth, American Rhythm, International Ballroom and International Latin.
His passion and extraordinary ability to teach has led him to receive numerous awards as being one of the top teachers in the nation, and has won numerous scholarships monies with his students in many prestigious competitions.
His major accomplishments include:
- United States Ballroom Championship Regional Series Top Teacher Grand Finalist
- United States Pro-Am Rhythm Champion and Smooth, Standard, and Latin Finalist
- Six-Times First Coast Classic Top Teacher Recipient and Sixteen-Times Finalist
- Four-Times The Dancer’s Cup Circuit Top Teacher Finalist
- World Master Pro-Am Champion in Smooth, Rhythm, Latin, Standard, 9 & 10-Dance
- American Rhythm Rising Star Champion – First Coast Ballroom Dancesport Championships
- United States Ballroom Championship Top Standard Teacher Finalist
- Choreographer – Local production of “Six Dance Lesson In Six Weeks“
Megan Wallace, Dance Specialist
Megan specializes in Latin and Salsa dancing. She graduated from The Florida State University where she received her undergrad degree in Exercise Science. While pursuing her undergrad education, she started her dance career in Tallahassee. Since moving to Jacksonville in 2007, she has continued teaching. With over 13 years of experience, she enjoys teaching, performing, and competing in all levels. Such as Manhattan, Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Miami. She loves helping her students with whatever goals they may have, but particularly has helped make dreams come true for many wedding couples.